Ride some of the most iconic climbs in France
25th – 29th May 2016
22nd - 26th June 2016
17th - 20th August 2016
21st – 25th September 2016
28th Sept – 2nd Oct 2016
Experience several of the iconic cols of the French Alps, as well as the mythical climb to Alpe d’Huez. This is a challenging 5 day trip, especially designed for those enthusiasts looking to get some early season miles in their legs.
YOUR TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- Witness iconic views whilst riding legendary alpine routes
- Discover the stunning landscapes and routes of the southern Alps
- Conquer the mythical climb up the 21 switchbacks to Alpe d’Huez
- Experience glorious mountain passes, such as the famous ‘Croix de la Fer’
- Enjoy your own support vehicle and local guide throughout your trip
YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION:
Especially chosen for its ideal location, in the heart of this magnificent region; our hotel is situated on the outskirts of the tranquil village of Venosc and just a few kilometres from the town of Bourg d’Oisans. This rustic hotel is all about cycling; with secure bike storage and a separate wash down area. The restaurant serves food to perfectly meet a cyclist’s needs. The hotel owners are serious cyclists themselves and the hotel’s on-site museum pays homage to road cycling in the mountains, with an array of memorabilia from famous cyclists and previous hotel guests. Offering comfortable, simply furnished accommodation, the majority of the rooms are twin or double, with en-suite bathrooms. Single or quad rooms are available on request. You can also relax in the hotel’s sauna and one of the 3 bars, one of which is part of a large outdoor terrace.
- 5 days/4 nights hotel accommodation on a ‘cycling’ board basis (includes a hearty pre ride breakfast, late afternoon pasta snack & 3 course evening meal)
- A knowledgeable, local ride guide throughout your trip
- On site mechanical assistance
- On road support vehicle
- Route maps, GPS ride plans (provided in pre-departure information package)
- Mid-stay kit wash
GUIDE PRICE: £609pp
BIKE HIRE OPTIONS:
We work with a great cycle hire shop nearby. You can choose from; Giant Propel advanced 0 or Defy Advanced 2 carbon road bikes fitted with 105 components. Prices start from £130 per bike for your entire trip. Please enquire for further details.
CYCLING ABILITY LEVEL:
We recommend a good riding ability level for this trip. It is ideally suited to cyclists who are searching for a trip some pre-season training and are prepared for several of these iconic mountain challenges. You will be riding some major climbs and descents between 5-8 hours each day.
YOUR TRAVEL OPTIONS:
You can choose to take one of our shared transfer inclusive packages. They will operate at set times for each arrival date. Transfer times from Lyon airport to your hotel is (approx.) 1 hr and 45 minutes.
TRANSFER INCLUSIVE GUIDE PRICE: £799pp
We are able to offer a range of fully (ATOL) protected flights, both scheduled and low cost flights from a range of UK departure airports. Please enquire for details.
- Private transfers are available on request
- Single room options
- Personal coaching services; pre &/or post trip
- Group coaching plans
For more details or to book, please call Tufted Duck Cycling on 0330 102 8001 or email email@example.com
See all our cycling packages here